Wednesday, January 9, 2013

cold

have you ever sat out in the cold? I mean...really cold (at least for me) without the aid of a blanket or a fire pit? I did. tonight actually. it was really cold. I found out that I could almost imagine the cold away and pretend that I was somewhere warm if I focused really hard. almost. and then I started to imagine if sitting in the cold was more than an experiment for the sake of a stupid blog post. what if I had no choice but to be out in the cold? what if I was out in the cold and there was nothing that I could do about it? would I eventually get good enough at imagining the warm that I didn't feel the cold anymore? or would I finally lose my tropical mind power as my brain was overcome by hypothermia? it's interesting....you should try it sometime. or maybe not.

No comments: