1. my wife. more now then i did when we met. i see new strength and interest in her everyday and feel stronger all the time that we are a super power team destined and capable to tackle anything together.
2. old houses. love, love, love. i love old scratched wood floors. fences with peeling paint and wear marks. worbally glass. squeaky doors. i love it.
3. music. for years i never thought of myself as an artist, but rather just an entertainer. in the last year or so, i have shifted my view, and now long to create...and just as that happened, it seems i have no time. sucks. but every now and again, i get caught up in a moment of refreshment and feel it. like when i was fifteen, playing for the sheer joy of it. it's magic......some day.
4. hope. it makes the world tolerable. it makes you continue. it nudges you as you begin to slow down on the long descent up the hill. sharon and i get ours from our faith, and honestly, i don't know how you could get through tough times with out it. no joke.
5. the ocean. it's free. it's big. it's uncontrollable. it's consistent. it's mysterious. i feel comfort in it's largeness and it's willingness to let me think i matter to it. i don't. :-) but it's still amazing.....i feel closer to god when i'm in it. how in the world did he think of that!
ok....that's it for today. thanks babe for the encouragement! i hope you all have a fabulous memorial weekend. do whatever you want, with whomever you want. enjoy, relax, refresh. take care!
less of me...