Monday, February 2, 2009

who won the game?

so...at the risk of losing major points with all of you...i'm going to admit that i didn't watch the super bowl at all yesterday. we got home from church and sharon asked if i was interested in watching it. i thought about it for a second...smiled and told her that i hadn't planned on watching it. so...we went on a hike with some great old friends at a local (new to us) park. we had a great time!

this morning as i was driving to work i was thinking about something that my friend told me yesterday while we were walking. i asked him who he had been hanging out with lately since i hadn't seen him in while, to which he responded...that he thought he was getting old and that he didn't really feel like he had any time or energy for new relationships. so basically...he hadn't been spending time with anyone.

i was floored! first off...he is not old. i'm only 31...he's a few years older then me...but that's far from 'old'. don't you think? i do! my kids would probably disagree, but you know how that goes as you get older...that bar keeps getting higher...right? back to my point. i told him that it made me sad that he felt that way. i gave him a big hug and encouraged him that we are relational people and that it's important to invest. not just in others, but in yourself...through others. you get my point?

sharon and i have always been blessed with a great set of friends throughout our lives...but looking back, i realize that we've also invested time in people. one of my (many) flaws is that i assume everyone is like me. thinks, acts, does...like me. after hearing this confession from my friend, it made me wonder how many other people feel the same way?

food for thought. have a great day! less of me...

3 comments:

Nicholle said...

Wow Jeramy! You always make me think. Thank you for always writing stuff that causes me to use my head and heart.

TGIM!!! HA!!

Unknown said...

As you might imagine this hits me hard today!!!! God has blessed us with SO MANY friends... the kind that become family!! Invest, Invest, Invest!!!! There is no greater gift from God than people in our lives and you never know how long you get to keep them for! Invest now, before it IS to late! And by the way.... We all love you here in Alaska, even if I don't post a comment!

bronwenhealyhope said...

i am always up for God to bring people across my path that may (or may not) change my life....like meeting the Kiefers at Disneyland...and now you guys and FCC Suisun City and on and on...

always open.

love you guys.