Tuesday, February 10, 2009

what people want.....real friends!


something interesting...at least to me...are statistics. i'm sure you're noticed the nifty little white bar on the left side of this page that shows where people are viewing this blog from. i LOVE that kind of stuff. i can tell how they got here...where they link to afterward...how long ago they were on...how many hits per day/month, etc... love, love, love! but, one of the coolest stats that i get is when people click on my blog from a google search page...i can see the words that they typed into the search engine. no joke! ok...that information leads me to my actual point.

about a month ago, i noticed a trend...i kept seeing the same keywords being used in google and then linking to my blog. what keywords you might ask?

LOST?

jeramy sossaman musical genius?

blogger extraordinaire?

nope...nothing like that. a while back i wrote this post about being a 'real friend'. and since then....probably 5-10 times a week i see people linking to that post after they've typed in the phrase 'a real friend' or 'what is a real friend' or 'my real friend'...any combination of that will get you to that post. isn't that amazing! people all over the world are asking that question on a regular basis...to their computers no less. that just blows me away! we are created to be relational people....there's just no getting around that. i'd love to hear your thoughts on this....

take care....oh...also...big up to my US friends going to see my AU friends this week. i wish i was there too! see you soon. :-)

also...happy birthday to my friend ryan....his band the cobalt season rocks in a major way. check em out!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

That is pretty cool...
It kinda makes you wonder what those people are are looking for when they google 'real friends'

And it's pretty cool that they get to your blog...
Because, you are a 'real friend'!

jeramy sossaman said...

ahhhh

Carrie Hasson said...

that is way cool!
i have been tempted many times to add that live feed, i just dont want to deter ppl from coming by and staying awhile...i don't know maybe my curiousity will give in!

Pastor's Perspective said...

My Google searches are always the same - 'PASTOR SEDATION'. Thanks for the tip - and friendship Bro!

Sharon said...

It's funny Steve, because when I Google "Hot Pastor" your picture and blog is right there at the top!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so funny! You're computer savy is way beyond this girl. I am thankful just to function basically in the world of computers.Ha