well...the last two weeks have sucked. i mean that in the very literal sense. i have been really sick and really busy, which is seriously a lousy combination. i think everyone would agree....whether you sing or not....having to do it with a cough and a cold is about the worst thing...especially if you have no choice. which i didn't. so, i'm relieved to feel a little bit more like myself.
so, let me catch up a little since i barely blogged last week.
1. i learned 2 new songs last week. and when i say learned, i mean....on monday, i didn't know them at all and by sunday, i had them memorized and performed them. lot's of work....but i was proud of myself.
2. i found out that my guitar that i love needed a major repair....didn't have the money....then divinely got the money....and now it's being repaired. i CAN NOT wait to get it back tomorrow!
3. i ruined a fantastic date opportunity with my wife....only because i'm a major dodo. i later apologized and made it right with her, but what happened later, was cooler....i'll come back to that.
4. i drank more throat coat and breath easy tea then any one person should.
5. i didn't drink coffee.......enough said.
it's funny....as a look back on this list....it seems more positive then negative. and that brings me to point number 3. right in the middle of church on sunday, my pastor / friend / cohort started praying for the person that had lost the joy of christmas...and wanted to get it back.
WHAT? what did he just say????
that statement completely described me the last several years. i've gotten so overwhelmed and burdened with the holiday as i've grown into an adult, that i haven't even enjoyed it. i even told my wife that as far as i was concerned "christmas could just pass me right on by". that makes for un happy times for her especially...which kills me...but i just couldn't get out of my funk on my own. but all of a sudden...after hearing that word...i felt released! it was so amazing to know that god was speaking to my friend for me. amazing! no joke. so, i took that as an encouragement....a license...an invitation to go ahead and change my well worn, green grinch underpants for a brand new pair of red, joyous, christmas boxers.
it's good to know that god can do anything in my life. not just hear it...but actually know it.
so, have a merry christmas! make sure and tune in tomorrow for a surf report and information about a gig in january....take care!
less of me...