Monday, December 11, 2006

Recording: Day 1


Hey everybody....so it begins....my recording blog. I’m in the studio, making my new record and I’m hoping that you’ll all feel like you’re apart of this by being able to follow along bit by bit. Ok? Cool!

So....today we did drums....drums....more drums....First we had to do scratch guitar tracks to the click so I could have something to play along with when I recorded the drums. It’s kind of weird to think about....but since I’m playing most of the stuff on the record....it’s like I’m playing in a band....with a bunch of other me’s! Weird.....

Masaki, is super good at what he does....he makes it all look so easy. Everything is recorded into a computer and then he’s got this program that basically fixes all of my drum parts so that they’re perfectly in time. So...when you hear the final thing....you’ll know....HA! Cool....well, that’s it for tonight....I’ve got loads and loads of drum loops to listen too... :-) Take care...I’ll be back tomorrow....


J

No comments: