Tuesday, August 2, 2011

she


today is an incredibly important day.  more important then the deadline to raise the debt ceiling...today is my beautiful wife's birthday.  sharon and i have been celebrating her birthday together since we met on oct. 26, 1996.  i was one year out of high school and not looking to get in a relationship, and then i saw her.  

if you've hung out with us for any length of time you may have heard us tell our story.  i love telling it actually.  i love how i paint the pursuant in a different shade then she does.  i love how she interrupts me to make sure i get the story right.  it's one of my favorite things.  i still remember the first time we kissed, on stinson beach under the mysterious blanket of northern california fog....how my heart was beating out of my chest, and in one moment, i knew that we were meant to be together.  

we are not the same people, huddled under that blanket at stinson.  we've grown....we've changed.  we've walked together through same amazing times, and incredibly agonizing moments that have marked us forever.  



but through it all...and in times and moments still unknown to us, we are...and will ever be together....

i love you sharon, so much more then a blog post.  you are my soul mate.  happy birthday to you on your very special day.


She may be the reason I survive 
The why and wherefore I'm alive 
The one I'll care for through the rough in ready years 
Me, I'll take her laughter and her tears 
And make them all my souvenirs 
For where she goes I've got to be 
The meaning of my life is she
-elvis costello

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Awww... I love you! You are too sweet to me! Thank you!

ajira said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. You guys are one of my favourite couples ever. Love the affection and tenderness between you. Happy birthday Sharon!

Mary Marantz said...

Gah! I love this post you guys! So, so beautiful! Happy Birthday Sharon!!

Sharon said...

Ajira and Mary... Isn't my hubby the sweetest!!! I love 'em! Thank you for the birthday wishes!