Thursday, July 24, 2008

smoking loon


“Besides his bein‘ kinda crazy, they called him the Smoking Loon ’cause he was so dam’ efficient,” Jake began, stubbing out his cigar. “He’d take care of business an’ get in an’ out before anybody’s see him comin’…leavin no trace ‘cept the lingering sound of his eerie, loon-like cackle. No one was really sure who he was or who he worked for, but when word got out someone needed his services, the Smoking Loon just appeared on their doorstep, like outta thin air or somethin’”.

9 comments:

Nicholle said...

uh ok...

?????

james said...

is there plagiarism on blogs?

Natalie said...

Jeramy you shouldn't have let Nicky FORCE you to post something!
Yep I agree with James that is plagiarism...

Sharon said...

Where have I read that before?

Denise said...

Thanks! I've heard Elizabeth Mitchell's Ladybug Picnic before and loved it - just never looked her up :)

Lauren said...

Yeah, I was looking for you to cite your source. Tsk-tsk...

Chelle said...

I can honestly say that this is your best blog ever. It did more for me than I care to admit. Very funny. Thanks for the laugh.

jeramy sossaman said...

james, natalie, sharon, lauren...my "friends". why do you assume i didn't write this? was it not I that first introduced you all to the loon? was it not I that heard about it WAY before everyone else? why do you think that is? huh? why? do you think MAYBE i had some inside information....geez!

Pastor's Perspective said...

Don't forget the loon's faithful friend MISTA WHISKAS!