Friday, July 11, 2008
the beard blog
ok...so a couple weeks back i decided to grow a beard and it actually worked! i'm 31 years old and i've never done this. i've been married since i was 21 and my wife doesn't really like beards and has a really valid excuse. so, for the same reason you want your wife to really enjoy the decor (color, layout, etc...) in your bedroom...i've never grown a beard....although, i've always really wanted too. if for no other reason then to just prove to myself that i can. i wanted to be a man....
stop laughing....well...ok, you can just a little.
here are some good things i found out about the beard:
1. everyone wants to talk to you about it (scratch's the extrovert itch in me)
2. having grown up in the same small town my whole life....i love that with my sunglasses and my beard i can pretty much go anywhere and no one will recognize me (strange contrast to #1...can i be an introvert and an extrovert at the same time?)
3. i was actually able to grow a full beard really quickly...which some how makes me feel like i could win the next season of survivor....if i had to.
4. somehow...i think it makes me look thinner...and who doesn't want that? right?
ok...good stuff...but here are some of the downsides of the beard:
1. everyone wants to talk to you about it (there are two sides to every story)
2. itchy skin...with no relief.
3. i have to put conditioner on my face and head when i'm in the shower to avoid my face turning into a dry bristled undergrowth of a forest.
4. mom's in the grocery store...sometimes look at me with concern until i smile at them....(i really don't like the idea of being the creepy guy)
so that's it. i'm posting the beard blog because i feel a razor coming my way in the near future....AND so my mom and dad can see it! LOOK MOM!!!! :-)
sorry for the lame blackberry picture...i was going to have sharon take a nice one but we got totally engrossed in 'the karate kid' last night (classic)